Icelandic Lava stone
- Very porous, light stone, will not float.
- Slightly denser than regular Lava Stone, but still reasonable light for stone.
- Textures make these rocks perfect for creating scenic mountain aquascapes.
- Inert, this stone will not alter water chemistry.
* Our stock is a bit darker than the pictures shown.
We recommend 2 pounds of stone for every gallon of water your tank holds. A 5 gallon tank would need 10 pounds, 10 gallon requires 20 pounds etc. Of course this is just a recommendation, the amount of stone needed will depend on your plans. It's always nice to have a bit extra for more layout options too!
How we choose stone
All stone in various weights is pre-selected and packed. Most stones range from 6 cm - 25 cm and are chosen for what we think will work well together based on Nature Aquarium principals. Please refer to the pictures for stone size reference. For example if you would like 20 lbs of mostly smaller stones choose 5 lbs x 4 boxes or 10 lbs x 2 boxes. For single larger stones please check out our WYSIWYG section.